Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Please Pray...

My heart broke a little bit today. A woman whom I have never met changed the way I see life. Chris Hastings had been battling cancer for about 4 months now, I think. She is the mother of 4- ages 15, 11, 6 & 3. She and her family attended the church that I grew up in and therefore, many of my friends have been influenced by her. A coworker of mine has been a family friend and baby-sitter to the Hastings family and told me their story a few months ago. I remember feeling like I had been hit in the stomach- I didn't even know who these people were! All I knew was that this mother was facing an unimaginable battle. Chris lost her fight with cancer this past Saturday morning. I cannot fathom the pain and fear that her husband and children are battling. I know that their faith in God will help them through this, but it doesn't change the fact that children have lost their mother and a husband has lost his soulmate. Please join me in putting a blanket of prayer around this family that has touched my heart so deeply.

No comments: