Tuesday, July 22, 2008

in response...

a dear friend of mine has expressed frustration over the very same thing that i find myself exasperated over... blogger block. i too have difficulty at times finding the drive to sit down and post a new entry. well, actually, i am already sitting down, but i sometimes don't feel like writing a blog entry. sometimes i feel like i have great and profound things to say, and then when i am faced with the "create a post" page, i freeze. after reading the responses that my friend's friends left her regarding this issue, i have come to realize this: that yes, once the joy of blogging is missing, it soon becomes a chore and that if you truly feel the need to post something, pictures a good beginning. that being said, there is something cleansing and almost peaceful about writing here- even when i have no idea how to say what i want to say or why i even feel my point is noteworthy. when i write in my blog, it takes the thoughts and stressful events that plague my mind and puts them somewhere tangible- somewhere that i can see them and be reminded of them and what they have done for me. likewise, i am able to share the amazing and wonderful of my life as well... even if i only have about three people that read my blog! honestly, i have a kind of hunger to read my friend's blog- as uneventful or "wordless" as it may be. just you know, melissa, i love reading all the little and big things you put on your blog- writer's block or not.

No comments: