Sunday, November 16, 2008

I fell off the face of the earth

Wow! It has been a while! I actually almost forgot I had a blog! Good thing I don't have many loyal fans... I heard some interesting things at church this morning. The sermon was about anger and how anger can impact your life. The guest speaker said that anger is an acceptable feeling as long as you don't let it turn into a sinful behavior. He said something that I really liked- about what that means- something like, sinful anger is any reaction that is intended to hurt, slander or punish another person. That is so true! I realized that not only is it not nice to yell and scream at my ex when he being hurtful; it is not being Christ like. I really need to work on holding my tongue, taking a deep breath and saying a prayer for grace. I hope that someday I can learn to be a gracious person. I want people to say that I am compassiate, empathetic and gracious. GraceFUL would be nice too, but I have to pick my battles. Letting one person get under my skin and get me to a point of yelling and saying colorful words that I shouldn't say, is not really the picture of grace. So let's just pray that I can accomplish a little of that change in my heart... shall we?

1 comment:

dad2my4 said...

Good posting, Heather. It must me hard, so we can pray for you, too. God's enabling grace. Hug & kiss the boy for us. Love you.