Saturday, March 15, 2008

Potty- Training Saga

So, we are at this fork in the road. Will he use the toilet, or is he destined for Depends? It seems that every time I decide that I have enough time and am feeling especially patient to knock this one out of the park, Kyler refuses to comply. Yet, whenever I am rushed or having a melt-down day, he asks if he can sit on the potty. Those days, I just don't have it in me to sit there with him and wait for very long. I think he is a little scared of the thought of giving up the diapers. He thinks Pull-Ups are cool (thank you, Disney), he thinks that the music-playing potty chair is simply way more boring than the actual toilet, and he loves flushing. So why will he not GO?!? I know that I need to be patient, but where is my magic wand when I really need it? As I write this he is wearing a Pull-Up with strict orders that he needs to try to go in the toilet and not on the Pull-Up. Oh yeah, and I am SO not above bribery! If he actually does go, it's off to McDonald's for an ice cream sundae! I really want one too...

No comments: